Just a brief note about drinking water, particularly relevant in the hot weather. It is recommended that you drink at least two litres of water a day, at least, more if you’re particularly hot, or if you’re working out.
Two litres can seem a lot if you’re not yet in the habit, but with practice you can get used to it. It is definitely worth investing a bit of effort to get this habit on board. Try thinking about your daily routine and see where you can fit drinking water in. Here are some suggestions:
Have a think about how you can fit water into your day, and make a note in your diary of how much you’ve had, so you congratulate yourself when you make this habit stick.
* Measure out your two litre quota into a 2-litre bottle first thing in the morning, then keep it with you during your day, until it’s gone.
* Or have 4 x 250ml bottles handy
* You could drink directly from the big bottle, or pour out into a glass.
* Have half a litre before bed, instead of, or in addition to a hot bedtime drink
* Have water instead of other types of drinks during the day. Maybe you have coke with your lunch, maybe try having water instead.