Here’s a recipe for vegan pancakes so no eggs or milk.
I’ve made these for my husband (who is definitely not vegan!) and he loves them. I have also made them with gluten free flour for my brother who is coeliac (must not have wheat gluten), and he loves them too. So, you can make great pancakes without eggs, milk or flour lol.
4oz (115g) wholemeal flour (or gluten free flour)
2oz (55g) soya flour
13fl oz (375ml) soya milk (or other plant-based milk)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1) Sieve the flours into a bowl. Gradually whisk in the soya milk to make a smooth sauce.
2) Add the oil and mix well.
3) Place in refrigerator to cool for 30 minutes
4) Prepare a frying pan with a spray of oil and heat to a high temperature
5) Drop 1-3 tablespoons or half-a-cup of mixture into frying pan and spread around evenly.
6) Fry until set then flip over to cook the other side. If you’re not confident in flipping, then slide pancake onto a plate and then tip over to cook the other side.
7) Remove from pan when cooked and place on a warmed plate in the oven on about 100oC to keep warm while you cook the remaining pancakes.
8 ) When ready, serve hot with your choice of topping.
* lemon juice and a sprinkle of sugar
* Fresh banana and a drizzle of maple syrup
* a scoop of soya ice cream with perhaps a drizzle of syrup
* Or wrap with a savoury filling such as stir fried vegetables with a peanut sauce or leek and mushroom in a white sauce